Friday, December 8, 2006

Resident Snapshot: Turing Franklin


This is the twenty-seventh in a series of mini-interviews with the residents of Second Life. For the most part, I'll try to leave the responses unedited, except where editing will grant greater clarity.

Turing Franklin picked a great name for SL, with its nod toward artificial intelligence. I'll forever remember him as the first person to ever speak to me in binary!

Your SL name: Turing Franklin

How did you first come to SL?: Invited by NFM Darkholme

How did you choose your name?: Alan Turing is one of my heroes. Franklin was the most "scientific" last name available at the time.

What's your favorite thing about SL?:
Just wandering and meeting folk. Trains rule!

What do you like least about SL?:
How women are always coming on to me and wanting to "cyber" me. Hey ladies, I'm not just a piece of cybermeat, I have feelings too.

Favorite hangout/store?: I like the Shelters --> Shelter Classic and the Shelter in Exile. Playing trivia is fun.

Name one new feature you'd like to see added to SL: Actually, if SL could just be a bit more stable that would be awesome. Oh, and get ALL the search functions working again.

Shout outs: Cocoanut Koala - the most genuine person I've met in SL! & Jesse Prior - dude, go buy a Ruby book, it'll be much faster!

No comments: