Friday, December 8, 2006

Prokofy Neva banned from the Linden Blog

Prokofy Neva, certainly one of Second Life's most outspoken and energetic critics of Linden Lab and it's policies was banned today from the official Linden Blog, apparently for his comments in this thread. He received an IM from Torley Linden informing him of the ban, apparently for 'trolling'.

Needless to say, Neva was not impressed. "I haven't 'trolled' or done any of those silly MMORPG hangover notional things. I believe that it's right to keep asking the Lindens for accountability for the actions of libsecondlife, which they have joined, and which they have approved."

Neva doesn't see that he should be singled out, "I've merely stayed on the issue, and I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat, I realize copybot doesn't really pose any threat, I'm asking the larger issues. I am not the only one to raise serious questions about the three things produced so far by this group: jumbo prims, god-mode stalking, and copybot. Even if these things are proven harmless, or are now disabled, or aspects of their use are now a TOS actionable offense, there is still very serious issues surrounding their immoral actions, griefing, and cynical sense of impunity."

Neva will fight the ban, of course. "I've written a letter of protest to Cory already," he said.

No comments: